Thanks to the generosity of many families in our community, we are able to provide for new moms and babies. Please consider donating the following items:
WHAT CAN I DONATE?
For Moms & Babies
We accept items which are new or gently used (clean, no rips or stains), in working condition (all parts/pieces, not broken), and not expired:
- Pregnancy (pregnancy pillow, multi-vitamins, belly band, belly cream, etc)
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
- Baby: 0-18 months
- Maternity: XS-XXL (undergarments, pants, skirts, dresses, tanks, shoes, business/interview attire, etc.)
- Pack & Play | Travel Crib (we do not accept full sized cribs)
- Gear (blankets, sound machine|sleep sheep, pacifiers, swaddles)
- Car seats (infant and convertible car seats)
- Please no expired car seats (generally within 6 years from date of manufacture) or those which have ever been in an accident
- Seating (Highchairs, bumbo seat, shopping cart covers, etc)
- Strollers (Snap ‘n’ Go, toddler, umbrella, etc)
- Play (swings, bouncers, play mats, infant/baby toys, books, CD/DVDs, etc)
- Feeding (breastpumps, bottles, drying racks, warmers, nursing covers, Baby food or formula (unopened/not expired)
- Diapers & Wipes (preemie through size 6, diaper creme, diaper genies)
- Books (pregnancy, labor & delivery, feeding, parenting, etc)
- Bath (tub, washcloths, soap, lotion, nail clippers)
- Safety (plug covers, edge bumpers, etc)
For the Home
New or unopened:
- Paper goods (paper towels, napkins, toilet paper)
- School or office supplies
- Bedding (Twin sized)
- Mattress pad/cover
- Sheet set (fitted & flat)
- Pillows, cover/protector, and pillow cases
- 3-piece towel set (bath towel, hand towel, and face towel)
- Shower caddy
- Toiletries (shampoo/conditioner, soap, razors, lotion – must NOT be used/opened)
- Laundry detergent (sensitive skin)
- Cleaning supplies (kitchen, bath, etc)
- Check out our AmazonSmile wishlist HERE
We cannot accept:
- Toys (large sized toys, particularly those for children older than age 2)
- Regular-sized women’s clothing (unless it’s business attire or clothing which can be used during/after pregnancy)
- Non-pregnancy/infancy related items
- Household appliances*
- Furniture, cribs and crib mattresses*
*Please contact us if the item you have is new or like new. We may consider small kitchen appliances or great quality furniture (gliders, rockers, bassinets, office chairs, etc.) for the home or a graduated Alumnae.
HOW DO I DONATE?
Fridays 9am – 9pm*
*Please notify us before you come by to ensure a staff person is on-site to accept your donation. We cannot always accommodate a drop off time outside these hours, therefore, please contact us to coordinate an alternate day and time if necessary.
NOTE: Only staff are able to receive and process donations.
We do not publish our physical address to keep the home safe and secure. Once your donation drop off is confirmed, we will send you our address.
To arrange a drop off, contact us:
TEL (310) 452 – 1223 ext. 105
HOW WILL MY DONATION BE USED?
Donations help equip mothers and infants with a secure start at building a stable, supported family! We utilize both an earnings and gifting model for our donated goods. Many of the small items (clothing, blankets, etc) are gifted to our residents, affirming their value and worth of being a new mom and baby deserving of nice things. Our larger items (strollers, etc) are “earned” by submitting reports on educational books and videos, receiving points on their reports, and then cashing in those points to “buy” the item. This is a life skill which teaches price comparison, retail value, and empowers women as they buy items for their own family.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION!
Pay It Forward…
When you are blessed with an abundance or when you are done using items – pass them along to individuals, families, and organizations that can make use of your items. This reduces waste and it feels good and does good to give! We get excited about families helping families!
Harvest Home is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization therefore your donations may be tax-deductible according to local tax laws. We are able to furnish you with a donation receipt at the time of your drop off.
ARE THERE OTHER WAYS TO DONATE?
Harvest Home receives no government funding and is fully funded through the generous giving of individuals, groups, churches, business, and foundations. To give online visit our donation page at https://secure.qgiv.com/for/hhi/
OTHER DONATION SITES
Can’t make it to Harvest Home? Please consider donating to one of these sites: